In 1990 Andy began working at the University of Iowa as an Academic Coordinator with Student-Athlete Academic Services (SAAS), advising and counseling student-athletes across various sport teams. Since 2001 he has spearheaded education programming in the areas of community, career and leadership development with student-athletes. For the past three years he has served as the Director for Educational Programming coordinating and facilitating the execution of Hawkeye Life Programs, such as the Athletic Transition Seminar for freshman student-athletes, and volunteering initiatives on the campus and in the community. Andy serves on various violence prevention and health & well-being committee/work groups on campus as well as in the state. He also serves as the Academic Coordinator for the Iowa Spirit Squad (ISS). Prior to working at The UI, Andy worked as elementary teacher and HS football coach in Jacksonville Illinois.
- Alma Mater – Earned a B.A. in Elementary Education at Illinois College and completed a MS in Kinesiology (emphasis in Sport Psychology) at the University of North Texas
- Family – Susie (wife) works as an elementary teacher in the Iowa City Community School District and two sons (Adam & Aaron) work in Denver, Colorado
- Favorite Meal – Ham, beans and cornbread
- Favorite Activity – Racquetball
- Favorite Baseball Team – St. Louis Cardinals
- Favorite Quote – “Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it” -- Dwight D. Eisenhower