John joined the Hawkeye family in January 2014. He currently serves as the Director for Student-Athlete Retention, where he oversees the tutoring and academic support services provided to University of Iowa student-athletes. Additionally, he is the Academic Coordinator for Women’s Basketball, Women’s Gymnastics, Women’s Soccer and select students on the Football team. Including his time here at Iowa, John has spent 7 years working in academic services (Northern Illinois University – 3 years, Southern Illinois University - 1 year). Prior to his career in academics, John worked as a counselor/therapist in both a non-profit organization and a juvenile detention center serving at-risk youth.
- Hometown – Chicago, Illinois
- Family – Wife: Maria, Children: Leo & Isaiah, and his English Bulldog "Snoop"
- Alma Mater – Southern Illinois University: BA in Administration of Justice, 1999; BA in Communication (Radio & Television), 2009; MS Ed. Kinesiology – Sport Studies, 2011
- Favorite Pastime's – Shooting pool, Fishing, Playing Cards & Chicago Summers
- Favorite Childhood Memory – Shining shoes and hanging out at his grandfather’s barbershop
- Favorite Professional Sports Team – Your 2016 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs baby!!!